World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association
2019 World Choral Conducting Competition
11 – 15 July 2019 | Hong Kong
The World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association is proud to present the inaugural 2019 World Choral Conducting Competition, which will take place in Hong Kong on 11 – 15 July 2019. Joining hands with an international and versatile choir – Utopia & Reality Chamber Choir – and world-leading choral conductors in the jury, the competition searches for and aims to help talented and rising conductors of the next generation to establish an international conducting career, bridging the gap between professional training and professional life.
The Champion of the Competition will receive a concert engagement with the Slovenian Philharmonic Choir in the 2019/20 Concert Season. In addition to multiple cash awards totaling over HK$ 120,000, Winners will also share opportunities to study with Prof. Péter ERDEI, Dr. Brady ALLRED and Prof. Ragnar RASMUSSEN.
Registration is now open for conductors aged 35 or below. 12 candidates will be selected to enter the Competition in Hong Kong.
Dates & Venues
- Arrival date: 11 July 2019
- Departure date: 15 July 2019
- Round One and Two: 12 & 13 July 2019 @ Tsuen Wan Town Hall Auditorium
- Final Round: Afternoon, 14 July 2019 @ Hong Kong City Hall Concert Hall
- Performance by the Champion with the Choir: Evening, 14 July 2019 @ Hong Kong Cultural Centre Concert Hall
- Candidates will have to cover the costs of their own transportation to and from Hong Kong.
- The Organizer will provide accommodation and local transportation in Hong Kong for the candidates.
- For candidates who come from a country/region which requires a visa to enter Hong Kong, the Organizer will issue invitation letters or supporting documents as required but the candidate will have to pay for the visa application and other related fees.
- The Competition will be streamed live on Facebook. Candidates who accept the invitation to compete in Hong Kong will give full consent to WYCCAA for filming and broadcasting their performance. All rights, however, will be owned by WYCCAA.