We Connects to the World’s Choral Lovers and Professionals.
Milestones – “World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association (WYCCAA)”
- Serving as President of the Hong Kong Treble Choirs’ Association, Prof. Tong successfully organized each ones of the 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013 and 2015 Hong Kong International Youth & Children’s Choir Festival. Fully supported by followers and musicians worldwide, he created the World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association (WYCCAA) and co-organized the 2015 Choir Festival. This has further consolidated Prof. Tong’s devotion and contribution in choral education internationally.
- WYCCAA has built up a global platform serving the greatest choirs and choral experts. The Association encourages young choristers to pursue excellence in the choral singing spirit, and to celebrate peace and cultural diversity. With five top-tier choral maestros from five different continents as Vice Presidents, the Association shares hands-on experience in hosting large-scale international choral festivals and forums, and fosters a close relationship with choral festivals and associations worldwide.
- Prof. Leon Tong has been present on the choral stage in Hong Kong, China and other parts of the world for more than 40 years. He is not only the President of WYCCAA, but also a world famous choral expert, conductor, choir festival organizer and advisor. Prof. Tong is at the same time President of the Hong Kong Treble Choirs’ Association as well as its Artistic Director & Principal Conductor. He is also the Honorary Chairman of the China Higher Education Choral Committee, a Visiting Professor at the Shanxi Normal University and the East China University of Science and Technology, etc. Prof. Tong has been invited to participate in numerous international choral festivals and choral summit in more than 40 countries as conductor, speaker and adjudicator and he was the Former First Vice-president for International Federation for Choral Music.
- Prof. Tong was offered the Fellowship Award by Asian Cultural Council for his work in 18 states in the U.S.A. In 2004, he received the China Treble Choir Achievement Award from the China Chorus Association. In 2007, Tong was honored to receive the Award for Arts Achievement (Music) given by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
Global Vision and Objectives
- Promote international choral and cultural exchanges among youth and children
- Foster the full development of youth and children through choral singing
- Build a global platform where composers, conductors, singers, teachers and choral experts interact and exchange
Organized the 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013 and 2015 World Youth and Children’s Choir Festival.
The World Youth and Children’s Choir Festival has already become one of the most anticipated choral festivals in the Asia-Pacific region, and was among the RTHK Radio 4 “2013 Top 10 Music Headlines”. It is now one of the biggest highlights for local choirs and choral teachers.
In 2015, a total of 27 internationally renowned adjudicators and masters hosted several workshops and 4 world-famous choirs participated in the festival. 30 Hong Kong choirs performed and took part in the competition, whereas foreign or Mainland Chinese teams were around 2,000 persons. The festival attracted over 15,000 participants.
Various top-notched international choral events are continuously organized, promoting interaction and cultural exchange between China, Asian and Western countries.
- 7 May, 2016 – Guangzhou, China
Choral Conducting Workshop – Outreach Programme
(Prof. Tong Shiu-wai, Leon)
- 22 May, 2016 – Zhuhai, China
Choral Conducting Workshop
(Prof. Tong Shiu-wai, Leon)
- 2 – 5 June, 2016 – Kunming, Yunnan Province, China
World Contemporary Choral Conducting Workshops
(The World Youth and Children Choral Artists’ Association (WYCCAA))
with Annual General Meeting in the presence of representatives from 5 continents
- 17 – 22 July, 2017 – Hong Kong, China
The 6th edition of World Youth and Children’s Choir Festival
- Grand Opening Musical by the Renowned “McDull” Music Composer
- International Choir Competition (including newly added the International Choir Invitational Championship Category)
- International Starry Concerts with World-Class Musicians
- Celebration of the HKSAR 20th Anniversary Concert
- Workshops / Masterclasses / Choral Clinics with Internationally Renowned Choral Maestros and Experts
- School Choirs’ Exchange and Choral Clinics and Coaching
- Friendly Concert
- Individual Delegate Programme
- Closing Ceremony and Awards
(Details please refer to the Festival page)